UK Train Tickets : UK Train Fare Types
UK Train Tickets
UK trains link all Britain and with Rail Plus you can save up to 60%.
All tickets are e-vouchers and instant purchase. Refund and reissue conditions are strict and to find out more please click here
The fares come in three types each with different conditions as below:
With these fares you can travel on any train at any time of the day, any day of the week on your chosen date of travel.
These tickets are priced lower than 'Anytime' fares, but are only available for travel on Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak services on chosen date(s) of travel. Remember, you can travel with all these tickets at any time on weekends and public holidays. However time restrictions apply:
They are valid any time at weekends, and after 10:00am on Monday-Fridays. They are also not valid on trains leaving London (or Reading, Watford, Luton or Stevenage) between 16:00-19:00 Mondays-Fridays.
These tickets are single (one-way) tickets for selected journeys available in First Class and Standard Class, offering the best available price for each journey, discounts of between 15% and 60%. Tickets must be purchased in advance and are subject to availability. Advance tickets go on sale up to 12 weeks before travel.
Seat reservations will be automatically included when they are available.
How to collect your ticket
- Fares are e-vouchers also known as TOD (Ticket on delivery).
- Tickets must be collected locally at the self-ticket machines, located at most train stations or from a ticket window.
- Tickets cannot be booked or collected from Heathrow Airport.
- Britrail Discounted fares e-voucher collection guide.
Christmas and New Year 2018/19 travel:
Trains in the UK will undergo essential improvement and engineering work across the rail network from 22nd Dec 2018 to 2nd Jan 2019. Train services either this period will be very limited and some are not operating.
The following major improvement works will be undertaken during Christmas and into the New Year:
- Eurostar trains do not run on 25 December.
- London Victoria - all routes between London Victoria and Clapham Junction will be closed
- London Paddington - all lines closed on 23, 24 and 30 December
- London Liverpool Street / Stratford - a number of lines will be closed over the Christmas period
- London Euston - a reduced service will operate on most routes to and from the station.
For more information, please contact us