Northern Explorer : Details
Northern Explorer Information
Route: Auckland - Wellington v.v
Stations: (Auckland) The Strand, Ngaoho Place, Auckland, (Wellington) Wellington Train Station, Bunny Street, Wellington
The Great Journeys of New Zealand provide a relaxing atmosphere for all guests with maximum viewing. Every detail has been considered to enhance the passenger experience.
- Wide chairs with ample leg-room for maximum comfort
- Revolving airline seats that are swung round to always face forward
- Spacious table seats for groups and families
- Panoramic windows with sky-lights, to create a light and spacious carriage with maximum seat-side viewing
- At-seat commentary system with free headphones, to tell you stories, narratives & facts about the places outside your window
Licensed Café carriage
- Licensed cafe selling hot and cold food and drink
The open-air carriage is the perfect place for taking in unobstructed views of New Zealand's spectacular scenery.
- There is a dedicated baggage carriage (to ensure an uncluttered carriage) and baggage assistants to help you.
- Luggage Allowance: 1 check in baggage per person, maximum weight 32kgs per item. Size must be no more than 200 linear cm (height plus length plus width)
Extra items can be booked for an additional cost.
- The Northern Explorer is fitted with lifts/hoists for step-free access and has accessible seating/toilets.
- On-board changing facilities located in the Accessible Toilet near the Café.
- Air conditioned
- Onboard toilets/bathrooms
- Power sockets at every seat