JR Kansai Wide Area Pass : Conditions
Payment & Ticketing
To be eligible to purchase this product, you must meet one of the following criteria:
Temporary Visitor (Foreign Tourist)
You are a foreign tourist visiting Japan for sightseeing under the entry status of "Temporary Visitor".
Dual Citizen (Japan & country of residence)
You are a dual citizen and have two passports (Japan and your country of residence). You MUST enter Japan under the entry status of "Temporary Visitor" on your foreign passport in order to exchange your Exchange Order for the Japan Rail Pass in Japan.
- An Exchange Order is issued which must be presented in Japan at one of the following stations: Kyoto, Shin-Osaka, Osaka, Kansai-airport, Sannomiya, Okayama, Wakayama, Toyooka, Kinosaki-Onsen. You will receive two Exchange Order vouchers labelled A and B (located in top right hand corner) which must be presented within 3 months of issue date for a JR Kansai Wide Area Rail Pass to be issued. Your Rail Pass is then valid for travel to commence within 1 month.
Child Ages: 6 - 11 years. Children under six years of age may travel free of charge if they do not occupy a seat i.e. are seated on their parent's lap. (One child per adult only) Otherwise, they will need a Child Rail Pass.
Cancellation & Amendments
- To reissue a pass a fee applies: $20 fee + 10% Carrier Penalty per pass applies.
- An Exchange Order that has not been presented for issuance of a Japan Rail Pass must be returned within 12 months from issuing date.
- A $30 fee + 10% Carrier Penalty per pass applies.
- Exchange Orders or Japan Rail Passes will not be reissued or refunded if lost or stolen.