The Ultimate Grand Train Tour Of Switzerland : Details
The Ultimate Grand Train Tour of Switzerland Information:
13 Days / 12 Nights: Basel - Interlaken - Montreux - Zermatt - St. Moritz - Lugano - Lucerne
(The tour can be completed in the reverse direction - prices may be subject to change)
Scenic Rail Journeys
- GoldenPass Line
- Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe
- Glacier Express
- Bernina Express
- Gotthard Panorama Express
- 12 nights accommodation
- Basel accommodation: Hotel Teufelhof (3 star superior Hotel) - ART Double Room
- Interlaken, St Moritz, Zermatt, Lucerne, Montreux, Lugano,: a choice of hotels (4 star only) - Standard rooms with private facilities. Click here for a list of hotels.
- Breakfast included daily at your hotel
- 1st class Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi - inclusive of the 8 transfers mentioned in the itinerary
- Your package does include seat reservations on all the trains except the train to the Jungfraujoch and the Basel - Interlaken train (seat reservations not required)
- Experience Basel welcome pack (delivered to Hotel Teufelhof Basel):
Basel Card: The attractive features of the Basel Card includes free use of public transport, free surfing on the guest WiFi plus a 50% discount on admission to Basel’s museums, Basel Zoo, Theatre Basel and much more
City Guide: Your guide for Basel
Brochure: highlighting 5 self-guided walking tours
Voucher for a complimentary audio guide at the Kunstmuseum Basel:
Access to the Museum is 50% off when you present your Basel Card
Complimentary wine tasting at VinOptimum: not available on Sundays and Mondays
Complimentary gingerbread cookie: One pack of Basler Läckerli (100g)
Discount voucher (10% OFF) to use at KURZ: KURZ offers quality jewelry and an exclusive range of world-renowned watch and jewellery brands. The 10% discount applies on all jewellery and watches (excluding OMEGA, Breitling, IWC Schaffhausen & tax free). Receive a free gift in the KURZ boutique in Basel by presenting your voucher. A free catalogue is included in the welcome pack.
- Please note that this is an independent package and therefore tour guides are not included.
- All documentation will be received upon check-in at your Basel hotel.
- Seat reservation from Basel - Interlaken. This service does not require a seat reservation.
- Some hotels may charge 3-7 CHF per person, per night city-tax - payable at the hotel (locally).
- Lunch on board the Glacier Express is not included. Cost is approximately CHF 45.00 per person. Your Rail Europe consultant can provide you with details on how you can pre-book this lunch.
- Supplement per night during the Montreux Jazz Festival, 28 June - 15 July, 2019, and Montreux Fete des Vignerons Festival, 18 July - 12 August, 2019 (this will be applied to your request at time of booking). Please note that Montreux hotels are extremely busy during this time and we recommend booking as far in advance as possible to secure your hotel. If there is no availability in Montreux, guests may be booked into a hotel in a town nearby such as Lausanne.