Belmond Grand Hibernian : FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
- What time can I check-in for my train?
- Is there luggage storage onboard?
- Is there a dress code onboard the train?
- Do I need a Passport / Visa to travel on the train?
- Are children and pets welcome onboard?
- Can I take my wheelchair onboard the train?
- Do you cater for special diets and allergies?
- Is smoking permitted onboard?
- Are there electrical outlets onboard?
The train departs from Dublin Heuston Station. Check-in is at least 40 minutes prior to departure, after which our host and crew members will escort you and your luggage onto the train.
Cabins have limited space, therefore we reccomend each guest travels with one suitcase and one carry-on bag.
For daytime excursions and relaxing on board, we suggest casual, comfortable attire. In the evening, we recommend a jacket and tie for dinner.
You must have a valid passport that will remain valid beyond the duration of your journey. Depending on which country issues your passport, you may need a visa for entry into Ireland and Northern Ireland (UK). Please check your relevant government agency before travelling.
Children are welcome to travel on the Belmond Grand Hibernian, however please contact Rail Plus to discuss full details. For safety reasons, pets are not permitted on the train.
Belmond Grand Hibernian offers a wheelchair accessible cabin. However, those with restricted mobility are asked to contact Rail Plus to discuss the suitability of the journey.
Special diets can be accommodated. Please be sure to tell us in advance of any allergies, food related or otherwise.
Smoking is not permitted on board.
There are electrical outlets in all cabins. Electricity in Ireland/UK runs on 220/240 volts. You may wish to bring an adaptor for electrical applicances.