Deutsche Bahn (DB) Germany : ICE / ICE Sprinter
ICE (InterCity Express) / ICE Sprinter
ICE Trains are state of the art trains connecting major cities at up to 320kmh.
- At seat power sockets
- Dining car
- Free WIFI
- ICE Portal - free onboard information & entertainment. Stream free of charge.
- Quiet Zones
- 2+1 seats in each row
- Comfortable leather seats
- At seat food service trolley offering snacks and hot & cold drinks for purchase
- Shorter travel times
- Fewer stops between larger cities
- Less ticket inspections and announcements
- Serviced by ICE trains
- No supplements needed
- Eurail Passes valid in Germany can be used on both ICE & ICE Sprinter trains.
- Reservations are not compulsory but are recommended to ensure the passenger has a seat
- Reservations for ICE Sprinter services can only be done locally.
- To travel on the ICE passengers purchase a point to point ticket and then can reserve a seat at an additional price. This price is often included already when searching the Rail Europe booking engine. Check ticket conditions when searching for a fare.
- Reservations can be reserved 90 days prior to the train departure date.