Italy - Trenitalia : Reservations
- Italy offers e-Tickets & paper tickets.
- Italy E-tickets can be purchased 180 days prior to the train departure date.
- Paper tickets can be purchased 120 days prior to the train departure date.
- Reservations are compulsory for high speed (Le Frecce & InterCity) trains. Reservations are not possible for regional services.
With a Rail Pass
- Rail pass holders are welcome, a seat reservation fee is additional.
- Passholder fares are paper tickets only (no e-Tickets).
- Passholder fares are for passengers carrying a Eurail Global Pass, Eurail Select Pass (incl. Italy) / Eurail France-Italy pass / Eurail Greece-Italy / Eurail Italy Pass.
- On high speed trains, the child age is 4 and 14 inclusive on the train departure date. Children under 4 years travel free when sharing a paying adults seat/bed. NOTE: Child Age is 4 and 11 inclusive on regional services.