Mt Pilatus : Details
- The cogwheel is the steepest of its kind in the world! It starts at the base of Mount Pilatus in Alpnachstad and runs over uniquely constructed tracks to the summit of the mountain.
- This cogwheel train operates from early/mid-May to mid-November. (depending on snow conditions).
- The trip takes approximately 30-40 minutes from Alpnachstad one-way.
- The panorama gondola and aerial cableway operate year-round (except for during maintenance work) and take approximately 25-30 minutes in combination from Kriens one-way.
- Discounts available for holders of Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card.
- Discounts available for holders of a Eurail Global Pass, valid for travel via train/boat from Lucerne to Alpnachstad. Bus from Lucerne to Kriens is not included. Eurail Pass fares include discount for travel from Alpnachstad/Kriens to Mt Pilatus.