Swiss Half Fare Card : Details
- Purchase unlimited number of tickets for most trains, buses, boats, city and mountain transport at a 50% reduction rate.
- 1 month validity.
- Children under the age of 16 travel free if accompanied by an adult travelling with a Swiss Family Card.
Why purchase a Swiss Half Fare Card?
- The Swiss Half Fare Card suits itineraries with smaller journeys. Example: The following itinerary contains a few short journeys (all under 2 hours): Zurich - Lucerne - Interlaken- Bern - Lausanne - Geneva.
After calculating the cost of the Swiss Half Fare Card + the train tickets at the 50% reduction rate, and comparing to a Swiss Travel Pass or point to point tickets, the Swiss Half Fare Card works out to be the most cost effective option for this itinerary!
- Not only are you entitled to 50% off the price of your train tickets, you can also use your Swiss Half Fare Card for 50% off buses, boats, city and mountain transport. A great reason to choose a Swiss Half Fare Card over point to point tickets!
Free Swiss Family Card
For or families travelling together, the free Swiss Family Card allows all children under 16 years to travel free of charge when accompanied by a parent (including step and foster parents) excludes reservation fees.
- Children aged 6 - 15yrs inclusive who are not members of the family qualify for a 50% reduction on all Swiss Travel System tickets.