Swiss Half Fare Card : Conditions
- Residents of Switzerland & Liechtenstein are not eligible to purchase or use a Swiss Travel System product.
- Passes are pre-validated. Rail Europe will request a start date at the time of booking; this will be the first day of validity of the rail pass.
- Seat reservation fees are an additional charge and not inclusive in the cost of the pass.
- Comprehensive conditions of use can be found on the ticket cover.
- For some tickets, the discount is less than 50%, especially on very short (urban) routes.
- Rail Europe can amend the start date printed on your pass to an earlier date. It is not possible to amend to a date that is later than the start date printed on your pass.
- Passes must be returned to Rail Europe by 7 days prior to the pass start date. Within 7 days of the start date, no changes can be made.
- A $20 per pass, per person amendment fee applies.
- If you are still in Australia - passes must be returned to Rail Europe unused by 3 days prior to the pass start date (listed on the pass). Within 3 days of the pass start date, the pass is non-refundable & non-exchangeable.
- If you decide to cancel when you are in Switzerland - you must have your pass endorsed as unused at a Swiss train station prior to your nominated start date and returned to Rail Europe within 60 days. If the pass is not endorsed by the start date then it becomes non-refundable, non-exchangeable.No partial refunds.
- A $30 per pass fee + Carrier Penalty applies.
- Swiss Passes cannot be refunded or reissued if lost or stolen