The Canadian : Sleeper Plus
Sleeper Plus Class on board The Canadian
Relax and unwind aboard Canada's premier cross country trains.
Sleeper Plus offers the added comfort of amenities, great service and your choice of a cozy berth, a cabin for one, two, three, or four. Taking a train across Canada has never been so comfortable or relaxing.
Inside the dining car, enjoy freshly cooked meals, regional specialties, Canadian wines and a view that won't quit.
- Roomy armchair (by day)
- Choice of a comfortable berth, a one-, two-, three- or four-person cabin, or a suite
- Access to in-car shower (no private showers)
- All meals and non-alcoholic beverages included in the dining car
- Complementary coffee, tea, fruit and cookies in the lounge cars
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for sale
- Baggage registration service
- Priority boarding
- Activities for children (games, books, movies)
- Attendant and turndown service available
- Access to the Vancouver and Toronto lounge upon departure
- Access to the Skyline car
- Access to the Panorama car (Operates May-October)
- Scheduled access to the Prestige Park car (peak season)
- Unrestricted access to the Prestige Park car (off-peak season)
Cabin for 2
Private room with two armchairs, two retractable stacked beds (upper & lower berth), a vanity and ensuite toilet.
Cabin for 1
Private room featuring a small couch-style seat that converts into a bed, with a concealed toilet and vanity.
Two combined cabins for two (wall removed). The resulting room includes two ensuite toilets and two vanities. Sleeper Plus class comes with a private washroom. Suites are also available in the Renaissance Park Car. To accommodate four persons, please contact us.
Berths (Upper & Lower)
Are open by day - two couch-style seats facing each other. By night, berths convert to curtained, semi-private compartments with two stacked beds (upper & lower berth). Use of public washroom.
Unquestionably one of the great Canadian train tours, every moment spent on board the Canadian is unique. The train winds its way through landscapes that will leave you breathless. And because mealtimes should be worthy of such breathtaking views, VIA Rail's on-board chefs offer you every day the kind of culinary experience you would expect from a fine restaurant.
At breakfast, lunch and dinner, you'll be able to savour the best Canadian cuisine with a selection of three specialties served on the dining car's elegant china. The generous lunch and dinner menus include appetiser, main course, dessert, and coffee or tea. You can choose from a selection of beers and red and white wines (available by the glass at affordable prices) to accompany your meal.
For an example of the menu, click here.