Payment & Ticketing Conditions
Security deposit and final payment
- A non-refundable 20% security deposit per person is required prior to requesting confirmation. If a deposit is not received Rail Plus holds the right to cancel your booking.
- Full payment is required at least 70 days prior to departure date. If your balance is not received Rail Plus withholds the right to cancel the booking. Appropriate cancellation charges will apply.
- Late Bookings made within 70 days of departure require full payment prior to confirmation. Such payment will then be subject to normal cancellation conditions should cancellation occur.
We also recommend that you take out suitable travel insurance to cover (as a minimum) the costs incurred if you cancel your trip.
Cancellation & Amendments
- Date changes: Date changes prior to 70 days from departure are subject to a $75 administration fee per booking per change. Date changes within and including 70 days from departure are considered a cancellation and full cancellation fees apply.
- Name changes: A name change is considered a cancellation and not an itinerary change. Cancellation fees apply.
- Itinerary changes: One free itinerary change is allowed prior to 70 days from departure. Any further changes will be subject to an administration fee of $35 per booking, per change. Itinerary changes are amendments to hotels, tours and classes of travel. Date and name changes incur fees. Conditions apply.
- Canadian GST: the GST charge is non-refundable.
- Prior to final payment: there will be no refund of your security deposit.
- After final payment: there will be no refund of your security deposit plus additional fees charged by ground operators and hotels.
|DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE
||DEPOSIT PER PERSON
||CANCELLATION FEES PER PERSON
||20% of payment due
||Loss of deposit
|69 days or less
||100% of payment due
Rail Plus Conditions
Click here for Rail Plus terms & conditions
The following items are not included in the cost of the tour: airfares or meals unless specified, excess baggage, laundry, telephone, gratuities, passports, visas, vaccinations, personal and accident insurance and items of personal nature.
Rocky Mountaineer reserves the right to modify, alter, or substitute all or any part of its services when reasonably necessary or advisable. Should this occur, Rail Plus & Rocky Mountaineer agree to provide the best alternative reasonably available. Every effort will be made to adhere to the specifics shown herein; however, circumstances may necessitate alteration, including the occasional accommodation change from properties listed. Hence, all fares, schedules, itineraries, hours of arrival and departure, air schedules, and special programs are subject to change without notice at any time. Rail Plus & Rocky Mountaineer will not under any circumstances be liable to refund the charges as a result of modification, alteration, or substitution of services, subject only to the limited claims in respect of cancellation by Rocky Mountaineer.
Maximum Liability for loss or damage to personal checked baggage and specialty items is limited to a maximum of $500 CAD per piece of checked luggage. Neither Rail Plus nor Rocky Mountaineer will cover full replacement cost of misdirected or damaged luggage and contents. Liability is restricted to personal luggage consisting of wearing apparel, toilet articles or similar effects for personal use and comfort, as well as articles other than personal luggage, which may be checked and handled in accordance with Rocky Mountaineer's luggage policy. Liability does not apply to carry-on luggage, items transported for or belonging to other persons, or items intended for sale. Rail Plus & Rocky Mountaineer are not liable for damage resulting from over-packing or non-structural damage considered normal wear and tear, such as scratches, scuffs, nicks, missing pull straps, zipper damage, damage to wheels, manufacturers' defects, soils, stains, or spillage. Please contact a Rail Plus representative if you have any questions about the materials you intend to transport.
Cancellation by Rocky Mountaineer
Rocky Mountaineer may, in its sole discretion, cancel a tour or portion of a tour at any time, including during the course of the tour, and in that event will repay the deposit or charges for the tour or, where appropriate, a reasonable pro rata share thereof. In the event of cancellation of a tour in progress, Rocky Mountaineer will select and make available alternative return transportation by bus or other means from the point of cancellation to the location where the cancelled tour was scheduled to conclude, or the place of its commencement, and reasonable accommodation (if any) required in the course of that return transportation. In no circumstances will Rail Plus or Rocky Mountaineer be liable to provide or pay for any further payment, compensation, transportation, or accommodation including (without restriction) further transportation to your home or any other location. Except as specifically provided in this paragraph, the cancellation of a tour or portion of a tour by Rocky Mountaineer will be subject to the limitation of liability.
It is strongly recommended that you purchase trip cancellation insurance to protect your holiday investment. Should you upgrade the total cost of your Rocky Mountaineer package, make sure you upgrade your insurance coverage to ensure the total amount of your trip is covered. Specific terms, limitations, and conditions apply to all travel policies purchased. Please ensure you understand your policy before you travel.