The Ghan : Prices / Book (Apr 19-Mar 20)
Experience the magic of Australia's Red Centre with a ride on the legendary Ghan.
Season: April 2019 - March 2020
Journey into the heart of Australia with an unforgettable ride on one of the world's greatest trains, The Ghan. This exhilarating adventure will take you past some of Australia's most magnificent landscapes, from the rolling hills of Adelaide's lush wine region and the ochre plains of the Simpson Desert, to the ancient gorges and tropical hideaways dotted throughout the Northern Territory.
PricesDarwin — Adelaide
Click the 'Book now' tab above to make a booking
Prices are in $AUD per person
|Adult Advance Purchase |
must be booked a minimum of 6 months in advance
|Adult Everyday||Adult Everyday Saver|
|1. Shoulder Season|
|(a) Platinum Service||n/a||$3,979||n/a|
|(b) Gold Twin Service||$2,099||$2,629||$2,359|
|(c) Gold Single Service||$1,859||$2,349||$2,109|
|(d) Gold Superior Service||$2,659||$3,329||$2,989|
|2. High Season|
|(a) Platinum Service||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|(b) Gold Twin Service||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|(c) Gold Single Service||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|(d) Gold Superior Service||n/a||n/a||n/a|
Please note: This product requires manual confirmation and is therefore subject to availability and prices may increase. When we receive your booking an invoice with finalised costing will be sent to you within 1 business day.
NotesPrices will be subject to change on a weekly basis unless paid in full.
- Fares are valid for departures from 1st April 2019 - 31st March 2020*
- All pricing is based on one way fares; per person. Return fares can be calculated by using the sum of the one way fares.
- Advance Purchase fares must be booked more than 6 months prior to departure and are valid for Gold Service only. Fares are limited and may be available only on selected dates, services and sectors. Payment is required at the time of booking and fares are non-refundable (100% cancellation fee).
- Everyday Saver fares are available 6 months prior to travel departure date, are subject to availability and are only available on selected services and sectors.
- Platinum Service: Fares based on twin share. Configuration is Twin beds or 1 x double bed. Prices for sole occupancy is available upon request.
- Gold Twin Service: Fares based on twin share. Configuration is upper & lower berth. Prices for sole occupancy is available upon request.
- Gold Single Service: Fares based on sole occupancy. Configuration is lower berth.
- Gold Service Superior Service: Fares based on twin share. Configuration is a 3/4 double bed. Prices for sole occupancy is available upon request. Gold Service Superior cabins are limited to one or two per departure.
- Child pricing applies to a child accompanying an adult and aged between 4 and 15 inclusive. Child prices are available upon request. Infants not occupying a berth and aged between 0 and 3 inclusive travel free of charge.
- Shoulder Season: (Southbound only) Travel 30 October - 28 November 2019 and 5 February - 27 February 2020, (Northbound only) Travel 07 April - 29 April 2019, 01 September - 25 November 2019 and 02 February - 30 March 2020
- High Season: (Northbound only) Travel 05 May to 26 August 2019.
- Northbound sectors are Adelaide to Alice Springs, Adelaide to Darwin and Alice Springs to Darwin.
- Southbound sectors are Alice Springs to Adelaide, Darwin to Adelaide and Darwin to Alice Springs.
- The Ghan does not operate between 01 December 2019 to 27 January 2020 (Northbound) and 04 December 2019 to 30 January 2020 (Southbound).
- Travel Darwin to Adelaide between 03 April to 24 October 2019 and between 04 March to 26 March 2020 is only available on The Ghan Expedition. The Ghan (2 days) is not available during this period.
- Adult Advance Purchase: must be booked a minimum of 6 months in advance
- Adult Everyday
- Adult Everyday Saver