Gold Service on The Ghan
With room to stretch out and all the comforts of home, Gold Service is the most popular level of service aboard The Indian Pacific. Take a virtual 360° tour...
|Gold Service (Single & Twin Share)
You'll enjoy private cabin accommodation together with all-inclusive dining, beverages and a range of fascinating Off Train Excursions at key stops. Gold Service accommodation is available in both single and twin-share so you can choose to travel with your partner, friends or roll solo.
During the day, the compact Twin Berth Sleeper Cabins offer a comfortable three seater lounge, converting to an upper and lower sleeping berth at night. And with top notch service from our hospitality attendant, you'll enjoy fresh sheets, bath towels, pillows, doonas and complimentary toiletries. Twin Berth Sleeper Cabins have private en suite facilities with a hide-away compact toilet, wash basin and shower.
- For Gold Twin, a comfortable sleeper cabin featuring private en suite and upper and lower berths that convert to a three-seater lounge by day
- For Gold Single, a compact sleeper cabin featuring a bed that converts to a seat by day and shared shower/toilet facilities located at the end of the carriage
- Power outlets in cabin
- In-cabin music channels and journey audio commentary available
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- All-inclusive Australian wines, beers, base spirits and non-alcoholic beverages
- All-inclusive Off Train Excursions and Short Stops
- Checked in luggage allowance: 60kg per guest (2 x 30kg each)
- Cabin luggage (Gold Twin): One piece of hand luggage plus garment bag and/or briefcase per person.
- Cabin luggage (Gold Single): One piece of hand luggage plus garment bag, cabin bag (105cm/41 inches linear measurement) or briefcase.
- Hotel/airport <> train station transfers in Darwin and Adelaide.
Feeling peckish? Step out of your spacious cabin and into the exclusive, classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant Car where an all inclusive menu is prepared by on-board chefs using fresh local fare.
Our seasonal menu features mouth-watering dishes such as saltwater barramundi and grilled kangaroo fillet. Platinum and Gold Service fare includes hearty breakfasts, two course lunches and three course dinners. Vegetarian, children's and limited special dietary meals are available when you make your booking.
You may also choose to complement your meal with our selection of wines and beverages included in your fare.
|Outback Explorer Lounge
You never know who you'll meet or where the conversation will lead in the Outback Explorer Lounge - the perfect place for travellers to come together and share stories, all while enjoying a wide range of all-inclusive refreshments.
And as you find yourself deep in conversation, spare a thought for the intrepid explorers to whom the lounge carriage owes its name - brave adventurers who never experienced this level of comfort and style as they ventured beyond the known into the vast Outback wilderness. All day and often late into the night, the Outback Explorer Lounge is the train's centre of activity where long hours can be spent socialising, snacking and catching glimpses of passing wildlife through wide picture windows.
Queen Adelaide Restaurant
Outback Explorer Lounge