Great Southern Packages : Conditions
PAYMENT & BOOKING CONDITIONS:
Holiday Packages: These conditions are for The Ghan, Indian Pacific and Great Southern holiday package bookings only. Rail only bookings are subject to different terms & conditions.
- Advance Purchase (must be booked at least 6 months in advance): A deposit of $1,100 per person, per rail journey is due within 7 days of receiving confirmation invoice. Balance is due 190 days prior to train’s departure. Bookings made within 190 days prior to departure, require full payment at time of booking.
- Gold Service – Everyday & Everyday Saver: A deposit of $600 per person, per rail journey is due within 7 days of receiving confirmation invoice.
- Platinum Service -Everyday: A deposit of $1,100 per person, per rail journey is due within 7 days of receiving confirmation invoice. Balance is due 50 days prior to train’s departure.
- Everyday & Everyday Saver fares booked within 50 days of train departure require full payment at time of booking.
- Rail Journey is defined as: The Ghan, Adelaide to Alice Springs or vice versa (vv), Alice Springs to Darwin or vv, or Adelaide to Darwin vv; on the Indian Pacific, Sydney to Adelaide or vv, Adelaide to Perth or vv, or Sydney to Perth or vv; on the Great Southern, Adelaide to Brisbane or vv.
- If the deposit payment is not received, Rail Europe holds the right to cancel the booking.
- Amendment of a confirmed Holiday Package booking (including rail and accommodation and touring together) will result in you incurring an amendment fee of $100 per person, per travel sector, in addition to any cost charged by operators, and cannot be made less than 21 days prior to the date of travel.
- An amendment to a confirmed booking cannot extend the date of travel beyond 12 months from the original travel date.
Advance Purchase Fares
|191+ days prior to departure||Loss of Deposit|
|190 - 0 days prior||100%|
Everyday & Everyday Saver Fares
|99+ days prior to departure||$100 per person, per rail journey|
|98 - 51 days prior to departure||Loss of Deposit|
|50 - 0 days prior to departure||100%|
Travel Insurance/Minimum numbers
- Travel insurance providing appropriate cover is strongly recommended.
- A minimum amount of passenger's is required to operate each departure. The rail operator has the right to cancel a departure should the minimum passengers quota not be met. We recommend suitable travel insurance be taken out should this occur. Click here for Rail Europe's terms & conditions.