Great Southern : Prices / Book (2019-2020)
A new train, with new adventures, on a new route. Be one of the first to take in the exciting south-east corner of Australia on board Great Southern. Bookable now!
Season: 6th December 2019 - 27th January 2020
The Australian family of Great Train Journeys just got bigger - The Ghan, Indian Pacific and The Overland are now joined by Great Southern - an epic adventure connecting Adelaide to Brisbane and back.
Adelaide to Brisbane (2 nights, 3 days)
Departing Fridays, the Adelaide-Brisbane journey includes touring in The Grampians, Canberra and a special beachside dining experience on the Northern NSW Coast.
Brisbane to Adelaide (3 nights, 4 days)
Departing Mondays, the Brisbane-Adelaide journey features a beachside dining experience on the Northern NSW Coast, as well as time spent in the stunning Hunter Valley wine region and at the incredible Twelve Apostles.
All Great Southern departures offer the choice of Platinum and Gold Service accommodation, with both options inclusive of dining, onboard beverages and Off Train Experiences.
PricesAdelaide — Brisbane
Click the 'Book now' tab above to make a booking
Prices are in $AUD per person
|Adult Advance Purchase||Adult Everyday||Adult Everyday Saver|
|Travel 06 December 2019 - 27 January 2020|
|(a) Platinum Service||n/a||$3,899||n/a|
|(b) Gold Twin Service||$1,829||$2,299||$2,059|
|(c) Gold Single Service||$1,649||$2,069||$1,859|
|(d) Gold Superior Service||$2,379||$2,979||$2,679|
Please note: This product requires manual confirmation and is therefore subject to availability and prices may increase. When we receive your booking an invoice with finalised costing will be sent to you within 1 business day.
NotesPrices will be subject to change on a weekly basis unless paid in full.
- Fares are valid for travel 6th December 2019 - 27th January 2020
- Connecting fares using more than one train can be calculated by using the sum of the individual sector
- Platinum Service is configured in twin and double beds and is charged as per person pricing.
- Sole occupancy of a Platinum Service, Gold Twin or Gold Superior cabin is possible, please contact us for a sole occupancy price.
- Child prices are available upon request. Child pricing applies to a child aged between 4 and 15 inclusive and accompanied by an adult. Infants not occupying a berth and aged between 0 and 3 inclusive travel free of charge.
- Advance Purchase fares must be booked more than 6 months prior to departure. Fares are limited and may be available only on selected dates, services and sectors.
- Everyday Saver fares are available 6 months prior to travel departure date, are subject to availability and are only available on selected services and sectors.
- Platinum Service: Fares based on twin share. Configuration is Twin beds or 1 x double bed. Prices for sole occupancy is available upon request.
- Gold Twin Service: Fares based on twin share. Configuration is upper & lower berth. Prices for sole occupancy is available upon request.
- Gold Single Service: Fares based on sole occupancy. Configuration is lower berth.
- Gold Service Superior Service: Fares based on twin share. Configuration is a 3/4 double bed. Prices for sole occupancy is available upon request. Gold Service Superior cabins are limited to one or two per departure.
- Adult Advance Purchase: must be booked a minimum of 6 months in advance
- Adult Everyday
- Adult Everyday Saver