Australia by train guide
Say g'day and come and stay. Here is a country that is vast, beautiful and absolutely unique. From crazy looking marsupials and stunning beaches to cold beer and a warm welcome, Australia is a dream destination. Its cities blend a European enthusiasm for food and culture with a laid-back love of sport and the great outdoors. The landscape varies from endless sunbaked horizons to dense tropical rainforests and seventy-kilometre long beaches. It is Australia's sheer vastness that gives multicultural people much of its character.
You'd be crazy if you missed:
- Uluru (Formerly known as, Ayres Rock), the worlds largest rock monolith. This thing is huge and we are talking massive! 9km to walk around the base and 348m high
- The oddest (arguably) looking but quite spectacular Sydney Opera House
- If your idea of Australia is seeing a crocodile in the wild then make sure you visit Kakadu National Park
- In Western Australia you can enjoy the vast open spaces, beautiful beaches, wineries and Australian wildlife
Great train journeys in Australia:
- The Ghan: 3 days/2 nights. Darwin - Alice Springs - Adelaide or vice versa. Experience the magic of Australia's red centre with a ride on the legendary Ghan.
- The Ghan Expedition: 4 days/3 nights. Darwin - Alice Springs - Adelaide. Spend more time getting to know the heart of Australia, with this immersive experience onboard (and off!) the legendary Ghan.
- Indian Pacific: 4 days/3 nights. Perth - Adelaide - Sydney or vice versa. The Indian Pacific shows you two oceans on once of the world's longest and greatest rail journeys.
- Great Southern: 3 or 4 days. Adelaide - Brisbane or vice versa. An exciting journey in the south-east corner of Australia on board Great Southern.